Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Plastic Pull Rings! Yea!


Melly Kay Pull Rings
I wandered over the garment industry yesterday after work and before class to look for ribbons to use as pull strings. After Melly Kay customised Hamsa, I had a hard look at her work and discovered that her choice to use ribbon is not just pretty but also super smart. They're much sturdier than the stock string that comes with most Twiggy Twiggy pull rings used for Blythe. I've also been really inspired by how she literally creates her own pull rings from super cute Kawaii beads. She has proven to me that you don't even need the stock pull ring that comes with Blythe. You can make your own! I love that!


After I got ribbon I wandered into this store (I cannot remember the name) and found these amazing plastic beads that would also make amazing pull rings! I was so blown away that I hardly knew where too look first but I managed to be practical and narrow my choices down. I picked the square ones Whitney is holding above specifically for her. I thought they went well with the pale blue and pink colors in her eyes and her make up and I think they also match very well with her sort of vintage deco look. They also have little understated sparklies inside and  I love sparkles and glitter. So one day when I manage to figure out how to change her pull string (she came to me without one) these are what she's getting!
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment