Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Rose Petals Sessions and other weekend dolly activiites

Hello all! I know I said I would have some exciting pics to post from this weekend and I do but they're not really the ones I planned on. I was all set to paint Melly Kays' Blythe when upon pressing the nozzle my can of Birdblue Brown SEM spray can, I discovered I had none left. I was quite annoyed. I was really looking forward to it. So in the end, I just ended up doing Tangee's CCE body which came out friggin perfect and which unfortunately, I still cannot stand.


Face plate for Melly Kay's Girl, sanded and carved by her and in town for an AA custom
On a better note my wilted roses from Valentine's Day gave me the idea to do a nude rose petals shoot with my Integrity Dolls. The roses my sweetie gave me in a bouquet with Cala Lilies for V-day were all bent and wilted but I hate throwing away flowers just because they've begun to die. I still think they're beautiful. So I made a note to use the rose petals for an "American Beauty" themed photo shoot. It was fun but kind of difficult as the only thing I could find the roses in that would also fit the dolls was my bathroom sink which would have been fine except for that horrible overhead light. But I had no choice since the sunlight from the tiny window in my bathroom isn't strong enough to shoot in.

Everyone's picture came out with a slightly different style and personality which I found interesting. Later on I included Reya Light and Sesamina.


I also took Frankie Stein, Reese, Zaltana and Bowie out to Central Park on Sunday, a day that was oddly and wonderfully warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment