Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Castaneda

I'm Castaneda by Zanalee
I'm Castaneda, a photo by Zanalee on Flickr.

I purchased another Basaak Blybe a couple of weeks back. She is the second Blybe I've bought and I think she came from the same seller in Bankok where I got Ramona Rae who I customized as a gift for my friend. But Castaneda (I named her after Carlos Castaneda, the author) came in a jiffy. She got here just last week.

Poor quality manufacturing aside, Basaak Blybes have a charm about them that I cannot deny. Right out the box, I just know Castaneda is ready for big things. Besides, Blybe's are the cheapest option I have momentarily for customizing purposes. I'm also not hating the stock eye chips Castaneda came with, although I do have a set of Blythe eye balls already on their way. More info on my plans for Castaneda will be forthcoming. I really need to focus on completing my other half done dolly customs.

2 comments:

  1. hi! I am expecting 3 blybes in the post, and I am looking foward to see what you will do with Castaneda! I bought one for my 4 years old who insist on playing with my girls and got me a bit worried... and then since they were so cheap I got one for eileen and one for me which I will try to costumise myself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominique, that's great! I think Basaak Blybes are great to practice customizing on and despite the poorer quality in plastic and hair fiber, I actually find them really charming and cute. When you customize them, you can totally transform them into something even more unique and one of a kind! Good luck!
    : D

    ReplyDelete