Thursday, March 17, 2011
Dolly Secret
On the 11th if this month, I won an ebay bid for perhaps the only BL Blythe doll I may ever own. I have mentioned my love for BL Goldie often. I love her crazy vibrant orange eyes and her perpetually kooky animated look. I mean I could probably photograph her for days and never be bored. I'm happy every time I see one but they are astronomically expensive and even if I could afford it, personally, I just couldn't justify it. Maybe if I was rich. But I'm not. The other BL that I have come to adore is Hollywood BL. Her pale make-up, her wide boggled eyes and gold front facing chips have fascinated me quietly for months. I think having seen shershe transform a few with her amazing re-roots really sold me. I just really needed to get my hands on that mold to see what she's made of. And so last week on ebay, I quietly bid in the final seconds on a Hollywood I'd been watching for several days. She was just within my price range AAAAAAAAND she's here in the US so I won't be waiting forever for her to arrive. She could be here as soon as next week! So perhaps her and my newly customed Punkaholic,Hamsa will arrive at the same time! I can barely stand javascript:void(0)it!!
I also have the design for a new AA Blybe in my mind so I went ahead and ordered a new Blybe from Bankok on ebay as well but I made certain she didn't have that awful CCE body. I'm desperate to experiment with a matte tone of vinyl spray paint which should give the doll a very different look. I'm interested to see how a matte finish will interact with light in photographs.
OK, Hamsa just arrived in my office just this minute!!!! LOL!!! Of course she had help from the postal carrier!!!! EEEEEE!!!!! More later!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh my! BIG congrats! I have a soft spot for Holly :) I can't wait to see her in your flickr stream!
ReplyDeleteps. I didn't know Hamsa was getting a makeover.. wow!
Someone is very happy!
ReplyDelete