Both arrived today finally!! They were on the desk when I came back to work from lunch. It was hard for me to jump up and down about it since I've just grown mentally exhausted from waiting but I was glad that she finally got here. The mohair I knew would be here quickly. The seller is really nice, straight forward, and does business up front. I got a confirmation when it was shipped and knew it would get here immediately. And let me tell you, it is unbelievably soft! Like nothing you've ever felt. If I get this re-root done successfully, I will spend most of my time with my face buried in a dolls hair! That is before I ship her off to be sold, if I can do that! I get attached!
Anyway, to the left is our new "Factory Girl." How can I describe a "Factory" Blythe? As I understand it, and I'm just learning about this myself, she's a bit like a mutt, composed of different bits of Blythes, eye chips, scalps, makeup whose origin you don't really know and then sold off. All I know is they're relatively cheap and suit my purposes perfectly. On flickr, it's fun to see collectors recieve their "Factory Girls' because even if you've seen her picture, you sometimes still never really know what you're gonna get. Sometimes it's surprisingly great. Sometimes not. I have my eye on like two more but let's not get into that madness now. I have such a hard time focusing on what's right in front of me! Jeez.
I'm in the middle of arranging a scalp swap for Neige, a dark haired RBL scalp for her Simply Mango scalp. I love the SM scalp, think it's fun and all but I'm not married to it. I won't miss it that much. Anyway, we'll see how that goes.
Sanding and spraying this lovely weekend. Wish me luck!


Hey Zanalee . I really like seeing your dolls on Flickr,didn't know you also had a blog,pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteSorry if this seems like something I should know but I don't .Why are some Blythes called factory girls ,aren't they all?
Somtimes I hear all these terms in the Blythe world and wish there was a special dictionary for them.LOL !
Hahaha!!! I think there is something like that on flickr in group called blythopedia. Check it out. Okay, so "Factory Blythes." I was pretty confused abotu what those were myself. There's also something on ebay called "prototype" Blythes. Go figure. In fact now the more I look on ebay, I may still be in the dark but I would say for the most part that
ReplyDeleteFactory Blythes are like mutts. You could get a FBL with a SBL scalp and some weird makeup. Like basically there's no way to tell what they really are are who they were. There's a "Factory Blythes" group on flickr as well. I've learned a lot about Blythes from flickr and flick group discussions. There always seems to be something new though doesn't it? Which is part what makes it so much fun!
: D
Thanks for the info,I'll look into Blythopedia.
ReplyDeleteThe insane thing is that up until a few months ago I thought my Kenner-I got her when I was just over 2 years old-was a pretty protype and felt sorry that she'd never have any "friends" to keep her company besides my Barbies.
Now I know why I never saw another doll like her at thrift shops LOL!