I wish I could import a picture but Mr. Samaras is very protective of all his promotional material. And rightfully so because it is the some of the most immaculate, amazing Kenner Blythe work you will ever see.
The solidification of my obsession with Blythe took place as I explored the Blythe world on flickr but when I first saw Mary Collins in Yatazah's photostream it was like, I'd landed on another planet. Here he, was a male, of all people who took the life of this doll so seriously and treated her with such reverence and genuine communion that I was completely moved and totally sold on the Blythe spirit. So much of what I found in his collection drives home the fact to me, that a doll is only as amazing, as lively, as soulful, as mysterious and provocative, as complex or as lovely as it's owner.
Please read this interview with Yatabazah on Mademoiselle Blythe. It really is very good. Yatahbazah is obssessed primarily with Kenner Blythes which are the original Blythes first released in the 70s by Kennet. The asking price for these dolls now are ridiculously astronomical in my opinion and I have never trully craved one but what he does with them is just sheer divinity. He does have an aversion to neo Blythes which are all the Blythe molds that came out after Kenners, eg. Takaras, ADGS, SBL, etc. and thinks that SBLs are "hideous" but I can't hold that against him just because I don't feel the same. He's an intense guy and his work is phenomenal. I have yet to be exposed to his work in movies but I am fascinated at the odd juxtapostion of acting career and Doll expertise. That just blows me away every time. Anyway, enough of my blathering. Go read this!
Haha! Glad you liked the interview! Thank you :D
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! I loved it! I have to read your blog more often. I love to read about doll collectors.
ReplyDelete: )