Tuesday, May 25, 2010
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!!!!
I'm not sure where to start! It's my birthday, thank you very much! I've already received some of the best gifts ever yesterday in the mail, one of them being a birthday gift for a great friend of mine. That gift is Ramona Rae, the first Blybe or Blythe clone I have ever purchased. Here are Ramona's pros and cons.
Pros
She's adorable! The quality of her hair is actually not bad at all. I was worried about that but I really like it alot and it's jet black not dark brown and I love black hair!!! Features of the Blybe Basaak body are that her arms swivel around unlike Blythe which I think is kinda nice. Her waist turns just like a regular Blythe.
Cons
If I intended to keep her as she is, the cons would be really irritating. First off, her legs don't bend which I knew before hand from the research I had done on Blybes. I thought that would annoy me more though but it doesn't! I love her cute unbending legs. In fact I have a feeling that this body will probably take spray paint more successfully than the Licca bodies I have coming on the way. But the Blybe body is also a bit wobbly at the waist joint so we'll see. Many of these choices will have to made by her new mommy who I hope will be getting a flickr account so we can keep up with Ramona Raes adventures as well as play dates because yes there is another NYC BLYTHE MEET IN CENTRAL PARK ON SUNDAY JUNE 13th!!!!! YEAHSSS!!! I've been holding that in for a bit but I known about it for weeks.
Okay, back to Ramona Rae. There are rubber bands wrapped around the inside of her thigh joints. Yeah, that's kind of a no no. Like how do you sell a doll like that? I believe the bands are there so that her legs move with some stiffness for pose ability. What happens if I decide to take them off? Maybe I don't wanna find out.
I was already aware of The high hairline, which is why I got her with bangs which completely cover the line. The eye chips. They might be the bane of my existence. What I do know from observing Suedeheads
Blybe custom pics is that are really hard to get out and replace. The posts on a regular Blythe chip have to be sawed down to go in a Blybe eye mech because the space is not that deep in a Blybe eye socket. On close examination, their own chips are badly glued in but this is not apparent in pictures or from far away. I am not looking forward to dealing with that but at least one or two of her existing eye chip colors are not so bad as they are. The green for instance are fine. Again, these are more choices that her new mommy will make.
I definitely want to carve her lips and perhaps give her new lashes. I'm lash crazy with Blythe right now. I'll be checking out all the best custom Blybe pics I can find for the next week or so. Thankfully, I also have Suedehead to give me some pointers on her own Black Blybe process. Hers was one I followed pretty closely when I first started thinking about doing this.
So get ready for Ramona Rae our first Black Blybe!!!! Coming Soon!
Above is Neige sporting her new Heather Sky Scalp which finally arrived from Norway yesterday along with three "Chocolate Emotions" dresses I bought last month from a clean-out sale on Plastic Paradise and totally forgot about. It's been a while since I had a Blythe with so much hair so for now I've just put Neige's hair in two braids until I can figure out how else to style it later. *Sigh* It's going to be a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good luck with ramona rae! & Neige looks so cute with the HS scalp :D
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Ramona Rae - you'll have a blast customising her! I second suedeheads opinion about the chips though - they are a pita to get out! I quite like the blue ones - they are super vibrant.
ReplyDelete